Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray For Granola Bars!

Who doesn't love the chewy, sweet, and sometimes crispy taste of granola bars? I know I do! And actually, Addison has taken a liking to them as well. Yay! She tried something new and turns out, she likes it. Score for this Mama who's always looking for something different to give her for a snack.

But as most of you know, the granola bars you buy in the store are filled with junk! High Fructose Corn Syrup! No thank you!

So I decided to whip up a recipe I found here (http://www.fifteenspatulas.com/chocolate-chip-granola-bars/ ). I definitely recommend using a long, flat spatula for the job when it comes time to shape them on the cookie sheet. It works great!

These turned out yummy! Crunchy on the outside and a little chewy in the center. Next time I think I will cut back my cooking time a bit as we like chewier granola bars. But overall, a solid recipe.

The best part is my hubby (who tends to be particularly fussy about homemade goodies/clean eating recipes), liked them...a lot!

If you make them, shoot me a comment, I'd love to hear what you think.

Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment