Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Plan to Eat Night # 2

Yesterday was a very busy day! My sister-in-law and brother-in-law were down visiting from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for a few days. My sister-in-law, Mo, wanted to show me around Ann Arbor (University of Michigan area) for the day, since I'm new to living in Michigan. Wow, it's a beautiful town! Thanks Mo! Mo treated me to lunch at Zingerman's (http://www.zingermansbakehouse.com/). I had a grilled tuna fish sandwich, which was fantastic. It was nice to be with her as we don't get to spend much time together since we live about 12 hours away from each other. It was a fun day filled with visits to her favorite places like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, A kids Consignment Boutique, a most delicious bagel spot and more. I cherish the time I get to spend with her.

Since I knew we would be gone all day, I decided to use a crock pot recipe for dinner last night. It only took me 10 minutes or less to prep and throw all the ingredients in the pot before we left in the morning. It's always nice to come home to food cooking in the crock pot or oven...it's the feeling of warmth and home...ahh.

Anyways, so I made crock pot chicken fajitas. I got the idea off Pinterest and while we liked how they turned out, we didn't love them. Here's the link to the recipe if you want to try it yourself: http://eatathomecooks.com/2012/12/easy-crockpot-chicken-fajitas.html

The recipe wasn't "clean" as I didn't make my own fajita spice mix and I used store bought tortillas. But it was still nice to come home to dinner already cooked, all I had to do was shred some cheddar cheese~! Perfecto!


No comments:

Post a Comment