Monday, May 6, 2013

Plan To Eat!

So many times after a long day or meetings at church, my husband and I look at each other and say, "boy am I tired, can we just pick something up for dinner?" Or we just pop that frozen pizza we had stowed away in our freezer into the oven for a quick dinner.

This is not always our dinner story but at least once or twice a week we are eating out and we want to start minimizing that if at all possible for the sake of our waistlines and pocketbook! Being that I stay home and my husband is a Pastor, we live on a tight budget as it is.

So it is my personal challenge this week to make all five of our dinner meals (lunch & breakfast too) at home this week. Also I plan on not using anything processed. I will be using items such as organic canned black beans but I think that is just fine. All five of these recipes are new to me so this should be an adventure! And hey, who doesn't like to try new things or ideas~?


I will be having surgery next week so I also want to take the time to cook for my family, sit down and enjoy leisurely dinners since I will be pretty much out of commission for 6 weeks! I'm sure during some of that time my husband and daughter will eat out or pop in a pizza but I know that it's just temporary and then we'll be back on track towards eating more clean.

I'm excited! I hope you'll join me this week as I'll be posting each night as to what we ate and what recipe I used. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment